Tears in my Coffee


Grief is a funny animal. It has no rhyme or reason, and it certainly has no time table.  It can hit you like a ton of bricks at the most inopportune moments, and it can all at once make you sad for the loss yet grateful for the time together. 

I grabbed a spoon out of the drawer the other morning to stir my coffee and right there in the kitchen, I starting bawling, missing my grandparents so much it hurt.  I have inherited many of their kitchen silverware pieces, and this spoon was one of those simple, yet prized possessions.




I am so grateful I was raised by them, as they became such a steadying force in my unstable childhood.  As an adult, the voice I hear in my head when making decisions is not that of my parents, but of my grandparents.  WWMSD--(What Would Mary and Sam Do?)--really does sometimes cross my mind.  And I smile at the memory of them giving me a hug--or in Granny's case, a swat on my backside--and helping me figure out my current crisis.  

For all of you who completely understand loss and pain and grief, I know you know how it feels. One minute you're crying over missing them and the next minute you're laughing over a sweet memory of them.  

Let me encourage you all--Hope has a rope! Every single day we wake up, we find ourselves one day closer to our loved ones in heaven! We are one day closer to healed, perfect bodies! Focusing on what is to come is an amazing way to view this difficult life because we, in our earthly state, see so much of the bad, but God wants us to see so much of the good still present on this side of heaven.  

We must hold onto the rope that connects us to heaven, where the joyful eternity with our loved ones by our made-whole-again sides will be all we know.   No more tears, no more pain, no more evil.  Just beautiful reunions with those we miss so much! 




“God doesn’t expect you to be happy about what has been torn from your hands—whether it’s a marriage, your health, a job, or someone you love—but if you are willing to trust him, he can turn trash into triumph.” ~~Levi Lusko, Through the Eyes of a Lion

"He will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of that has gone forever.” Rev 21:4 


©2014-2016 Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. www.coffeecobwebsandcurriculum.blogspot.com Follow me on Facebook or Twitter! Links can be found in the right sidebar on this blog!

Comments